Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Phi















I cannot believe it's been 10 years since this little one was placed in my arms. (in the front middle with pink hat) She was so tiny and so perfect. She had tons of black straight hair that would stick straight up when I washed it. I called her my little duckling. I remember her puking all over me after every feeding for the first month. I did so much laundry. She has always been the smallest of our girls, a little feather weight. Hubby would perch her in his hands and lift her up. She is finally getting too big for that now.

She is one smart cookie. I remember pulling out the puzzles when she was about 2 and she would just put them together in no time. It was amazing. At four she was adding numbers in her head. She would evaluate her world through math problems and not even know it. "Mom, if there are eight in the box and I have two and my sisters each have two then there are two left in the box." This from her car seat. Phi definitely sees the world differently and I admit it has taken me a while to understand her. Her daddy is so much better at it. But I love and appreciate her quirkyness and look forward to seeing what God does with her life.

Happy Birthday Phi!
Love, Mom

No comments:

 

Template Design © Ali of Mission Field Designs