Monday, March 30, 2009

Blogging and Belle

I have finally let my oldest Belle start a blog. She is so excited. She wrote her first post here at Renee's Writings

She said her favorite subject is spelling. Made me smile because it is the one subject she struggles in. Her spelling is atrocious. But we are working on it. I bought her an Evan Moor spelling book until I figure out what we will officially do for spelling and guess what? She loves it. What a hoot. She loves to write and is motivated to learn to spell. She said she finally figured out how to study a word to learn it. In the past she has made a notebook and she would write down all the words she wanted to learn to spell; her own dictionary of sorts. These are the words she uses most in her creative writing, which I have hardly read. She won't let me read it until she is finished. She has only let me read short snippets of it. You can see I have definitely taken the relaxed approach to spelling with her. But it is time to be more directed.

No comments:

 

Template Design © Ali of Mission Field Designs