Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lewis and Clark, Mocasins and more

We are starting our study of Lewis and Clark. I love our History Curriculum, My Father's World, but I was a little put out that the study of Lewis and Clark was one days reading. Since we live in the Northwest and my husband grew up in a town where they walked right through, I knew we couldn't leave our study at one day's reading. So I got on line and found a delightful lapbook project at Homeschool Share.

I collected some books from the library and have a few more on hold for me and we will start our reading soon. One delightful book I found is this:
The project we found inside is this:

Now that we are half way done making these, the girls are requesting full American Indian dress up clothes. It won't be long before we have dress ups for every era. I'm sure that making the girls dresses will only add to their experience learning about Lewis and Clark. And we must not forget Sacagawea.
Because you know my two oldest will be doing some fancy bead work on their moccasins.

No comments:

 

Template Design © Ali of Mission Field Designs